|Category:||Helpful Tips and Ideas, Inside UPS|
|Tags:||delivery, holidays, My Choice, shipping, The UPS Store franchise, tracking, UPS My Choice|
If you’re like most people, you probably did some online shopping this holiday season – on your laptop, tablet, or smart phone, in the comfort of your own home with a big mug of coffee or hot cocoa.
I have to admit, between my busy schedule and ordering everyone’s holiday gifts, I lost track of what packages were coming and where I bought them. But with the text messages from UPS My Choice, I knew when my packages were coming, who they were from, and when they were delivered.
UPS My Choice is a free service (sign up required) that provides four different types of delivery alerts that can help you keep track of your home deliveries.
- Day Before Delivery Reminder: This is sent the day before your package is scheduled to arrive and usually contains delivery time information.
- Morning of Delivery Alert: This alert lets you know if there is any change in your delivery.
- Confirmation of Delivery: This alert lets you know UPS has delivered your package.
- Delivered to UPS Retail Location Alert: If you have a package rerouted to The UPS Store, this alert will let you know when it gets there and that your package is ready for pickup.
Once you sign up for UPS My Choice, you can select which delivery alerts you want and how you want them sent to you (email, text, or voice) by going to the preference section of your UPS My Choice membership.
We’re always working to improve UPS My Choice, and we’ve just added two great new features:
- Security Access Code: Now you can add a security code to your membership information. When your UPS driver delivers your package, they’ll be able to get into your apartment building or gated community so you don’t have to wait around for the package to arrive.
- Pay with UPS Account Number: If you have a UPS Account number that you use for shipping, now you can use it for UPS My Choice services, too. You can use it to pay for any delivery changes like rerouting that new laptop to The UPS Store or to your mom’s house. You can also pay for UPS My Choice Premium Membership using your UPS Account Number.